Sunday, March 10, 2013

And so it begins...

Wow - so here I am in the Land of Blogs.  It is definitely somewhere I really didn't think I would ever be.  But something bigger than my disdain for most of this social networking stuff has led me here...a child.

And ironically, it is a child I don't even know yet.  I have no idea how old they are or what they look like or if they have even been born.  I don't really know if it will be a boy or a girl, if it will like to eat bananas, if it will like to play in the dirt, if it will go to sleep peacefully or fight it every step of the way.  What I do know is that they are meant to be part of our family and come live in our life and in our hearts.  This child will need us, but we will need them, too.  This child will be an amazing testimony to the faithfulness of our God and an example of how His will is perfect - in His own time.  This child will be a reminder that God never leaves us or forsakes us or forgets about His promises to us.  I don't know where they will come from - maybe Ethiopia, maybe Knoxville.  But they will come home with us to stay and they will make our family of four into a family of five.  They will keep us up at night and usher us once again into the land of diapers and sippy cups and naptimes.

We are adopting.  We are adopting!  We are adopting...

No comments:

Post a Comment